What We Do
The Ontario Association of Sign Language Interpreters (OASLI) is a professional association of sign language interpreters across Ontario. OASLI members include ASL-English Interpreters, Deaf Interpreters (DI) and LSQ-French Interpreters. Our mandate is to support our members and educate the public about the field.
A future where all signed language interpreters have the supports they need to be competent, qualified, professionals who follow ethical practices.
- Providing professional development opportunities
- Facilitating mentorship relationships and networking opportunities
- Creating professional development resources
- Creating resources to be used in professional practice
- Setting professional standards of practice
- Acting in an advisory capacity and advocating for professional standards of practice
- Educating the public about the profession of signed language interpreting
- Encouraging the development of stronger ties between the Deaf and Interpreting communities
The Ontario Association of Sign Language Interpreters is not a referral service and does not coordinate interpreting services.
Our members are engaged and informed. Many volunteer on committees, at public events (Mayfest) and seek current resources and information to share among the profession.
If you are an OASLI member, please log in to the Members Area of this website to access resources, board business, committee updates and more. If you would like to become an OASLI member, please visit our membership page to learn more.
If you are looking for an OASLI ASL-English, LSQ-French or Deaf Interpreter, please search our Directory of OASLI Interpreters