Board of Directors
2017-2018 Board of Directors
What is the role of the Board of Directors?
The Board’s primary responsibility is to develop the widest possible support and community involvement in order for OASLI to achieve its mission. As the governing body of the corporation, the OASLI Board of Directors is responsible for managing the business of OASLI. The Board is responsible for the following:
- Provide organizational leadership and direction
- Ensure that programming, projects and initiatives adhere to and achieves OASLI’s mission
- Oversee financial operations, including adoption and management of annual operating budget
- Develop volunteer leadership
- Plan for succession, recruiting a strong board of directors
- Raise funds and in-kind support Promote OASLI's mission and activities to the public
Who is eligible to be appointed to serve on OASLI's Board of Directors?
Being part of the OASLI Board of Directors is a wonderful opportunity to be involved in your provincial Association. Members may nominate themselves or a colleague. The only requirements are the following:
- an Active AVLIC-OASLI Member in good standing
- willing to commit to the remaining portion of the membership term